This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you will be processed by us. It applies to information we collect about;
- Visitors to our website
- People we talk to via telephone or directly through a representative.
- Complaints and other individuals in relation to a data protection or freedom of information compliant or enquiry.
- People who use our services e.g. customers and those who subscribe to our newsletter.
- Job applicants and our current and former employees
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and the General Data Protection Regulations (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) the data controller is Preston Guildhall Limited, 4 Croft Court, Whitehills Business Park, Blackpool, FY4 5PR.
What information do we collect?
Depending upon the services you have requested or how you have been contacted we collect your name, email address, address, phone number, bank card, etc. for admin and Marketing purposes which will be done according to your wishes and in accordance with the law. You may provide us with information by filling in forms on our website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone and e-mail.
This includes information you provide when you register for an account, make a booking or reservation, enter into a contract for the supply of services, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website site.
As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, if you wish to disable cookies, this can be controlled through your browser settings, but you should be aware that this could limit your ability to use certain features on our website.
Our website automatically logs visitor information from which we can produce summary statistics which help us to make our site more useful as well as helping us improve the site’s technical design specifications and performance.
Our premises also use CCTV to capture images of visitors and staff for the purpose of crime prevention and public safety.
If you use the free Wi-Fi provided within the Preston Guildhall, Level and related restaurants we collect your mac address, device name (e.g. iPhone, or Fred’s iPhone) along with the IP address of the device, when it was connected to the network and how much data it downloaded.
In regard to current and prospective employees we gather information via job application forms, Curriculum vitae, Next of Kin forms, bank detail forms, interview forms, equal opportunity & diversity forms, Medical Consent Forms, Health Questionnaire etc. This includes your personal details such as name, home address, email address, home and mobile phone numbers, national insurance number, bank details and proof of your identity, proof of your qualifications and depending upon your role details of any criminal records declarations or checks.
Why we need it
We need your personal information in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests:
- to provide you with the information your require about our services, to make activity bookings and reservations
- to complete any transaction you are undertaking with us;
- to administer any promotion or competition that you enter via our website(s);
- Progressing any application for employment or administrating your employment with us such as salary payment and complying with legal requirements.
In these circumstances we have a contractual reason and a legal obligation to process your data.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, which may be based on your activity on our website(s);
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website site about goods or services that may interest you or them, which may be based on your activity on our website(s);
In these circumstances we will either have a legitimate interest or your consent to process your data.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to administer our site and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and to manage and operate your account with us.
In these circumstances we will either have a contractual reason or legitimate interest to process your data.
Crime Prevention and Public safety:
- We use CCTV footage to aid crime prevention and to ensure public safety at our venues. This information will not be transferred to a third party with the exception of law enforcement agencies.
- We need your data to comply with tax laws and other legal requirements
- We need this information for the purposes of crime prevention and to allow free use of this service. We currently do not use this data for any other purpose.
What we do with it
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information may be located on servers within the European Union.
No third parties have access to your personal data unless the law allows them to do so. We do however share some data with third party data processors in order to assist in the fulfilment of the delivery of our products, services or your employment. This can include the providers of cloud based show or restaurant reservation booking systems such as Spektrix and Quandoo.
Where this occurs we have put in place a data processing agreement with those third parties concerned which includes adherence to appropriate data security requirements as required by law.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
We will not pass your information to any third party out of the European Union without first obtaining your consent.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. We can provide details of this upon request.
How long we keep it
We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. More information on our retention schedule will be made available upon request.
Data collected by the free Wi-Fi is only retained for 3 months after which it is automatically destroyed.
What we would also like to do with it
We would however like to use your name, phone number and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third purposes and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone and email.
If the ownership of the Data Controller is changed, or the assets of the Data Controller are sold we reserve the right to pass your details to the new purchaser, subject to notifying you of this as soon as is reasonably possible in the case of an asset sale.
What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. You also have the right to request a copy of your data in a portable format and to restrict our processing of your data.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Team who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Changes to this Privacy Notice