The Terms and Conditions of Preston Guild Hall.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets; mistakes or errors cannot always be rectified.
- Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket.
- Late Arrivals: Please be advised to check and make allowances for any events likely to delay your arrival at the theatre in time for the start of the show (e.g. traffic, weather conditions etc.). Every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable point in the show, but admission cannot always be guaranteed prior to the first interval for health and safety reasons.
- Payment Options: Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit card and credit card. Cheques should be made payable to ‘Preston Guild Hall Ltd’. We accept all major credit and debit cards.
- Booking Fees: There is a £2.50 booking fee per ticket for tickets costing over £15.00. For tickets under £15.00 this may be reduced to 10% of the ticket price. There is no transaction fee.
- Ticket Delivery Options: Postage – 95p
- Concessions: Concessions, where available, apply to Seniors aged 60 and above, Students and Under 18s. Relevant ID may be required when requesting concessions. Only one concession is available per ticket, and may not be used in conjunction with other offers, discounts or promotions. No retrospective concessions are available.
- Under 16s Persons under 16 must be accompanied by at least one adult to any performance.
- Babes in arms: Children under 2 years of age shall be admitted free of charge to those shows they may attend (children’s shows and pantomimes only) unless there is a pre-school price or unless a show decides otherwise. Children (ages 2 to 15 inclusive) shall require their own ticket which shall be at full ticket price if no child concessions are available at the time of purchase.
- Exchanges & Resales: The exchange of tickets to a different performance of the same show is subject to a service charge of £2. If you are unable to attend a performance for which you have booked, the Box Office will try to re-sell your tickets and issue you with a credit note (cash/card refunds will not be made), although the selling of any unsold seats will take priority. There is a service charge of £2.00 for each ticket re-sold.
- Special Requirements: Any patron who requires a wheelchair space is required to advise the Theatre at the time of booking as there is a finite number of wheelchair spaces in both the Guild Hall and Charter Theatre, which cannot be exceeded in accordance with the Theatre’s Health & Safety Policy. Any other special requirements, such as extra wide or long wheelchair space, must be advised at the time of booking as such requests may not be able to be implemented retrospectively. Special Effects – If you are concerned about inclusion of any special effects during a performance, please ask at the time of booking, although the inclusion of these may not be notified to the theatre until the actual performance dates. Please check the foyer notice for more information when you visit the theatre.
- Certain seating areas may give a restricted view, please enquire at the time of booking.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- No responsibility may be accepted for personal property. Please keep your belongings with you at all times. Please be aware that extra security measures (e.g. searches) may be implemented.
- Photography or recording inside the auditorium by members of the audience is not permitted. The Theatre reserves the right for themselves or third parties to carry out general filming and recording in and around the Theatre.
- From time to time, official show merchandise may be available. The Theatre cannot accept any responsibility for the sale of such merchandise.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Theatre AND/OR Producer’s right to alter the performance schedule or cast should circumstances beyond our control make this unavoidable, without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- In the event of a change or cancellation to the performance schedule, ticket holders will be notified via the contact details left by the purchaser with the Theatre. The Theatre is not liable for any changes or inaccuracies in these details which may prevent the ticket holder being contacted. In the case of a group booking, the organiser who purchased the tickets is deemed responsible for communicating any changes to the group.
- The ticket holder is entitled to a seat of the value corresponding to that shown on the ticket and the Theatre reserves the right to provide alternative seating to those specified on the ticket. Where seating of a lesser value only is available, the ticket holder will be compensated to a maximum of the difference in value between the cost of the seats. The ticket holder may be re-seated in higher priced seating at no additional cost at the discretion of the Theatre Management.
- In the interests of health and safety the Theatre reserves the right to restrict public access to parts of the theatre.
- In the event of a cancellation of a performance or event, the Theatre shall have no further liability other than the face value of the ticket.
- Every effort is made to ensure that the information on the website, in the brochure, and all other publicity materials and adverts is correct, however we advise prospective patrons to contact the Box Office to confirm show information and availability prior to making a special trip to the Theatre.
- Preston Guild Hall do not accept responsibility for show content for visiting companies. Any disclaimers notified to the venue will be included on the show webpage. Any complaints regarding show content will be directed to the promoter of the specific event.
- Competitions: Prizes offered by the Theatre or any of its supporters and suppliers for competitions run on its website or via the media have no cash value. If prizes offered are tickets for a particular performance or production we are unable to exchange these for a different performance or production. The Theatre is unable to provide a refund if you have purchased tickets for a performance or production and then later win a competition for tickets for the same performance or production.
- Offers and discounts: Occasionally the producer of a show with the Theatre will offer discounts and special offers through Theatre mailings, e-flyers, e-newsletters and texting services. These offers and discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount and have no cash value. If you have purchased tickets at full price and receive an offer via mailings, e-flyers etc, the Theatre is unable to give refunds retrospectively.
- Data Protection: Preston Guild Hall Ltd operates a Box Office service in order to sell tickets and give information about upcoming shows and/or events. We would like to add or retain your details for speed of booking and for our marketing department so we can keep you aware of events and other developments. To be removed from our database please contact the Box Office 01772 80 44 44 or email@example.com in the first instance.
Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
We accept payments made by MasterCard and Visa Credit and Visa Debit Cards.